A tribute to the Angry Coach, one of the last of a dying breed of men.

1. Alex Pimentel

May 4th, 2014 at 8:28 pm

RIP BOB! Great man!

2. Mary

May 5th, 2014 at 7:04 am

I was a long time reader of Rob’s blog and was very saddened to hear this morning that he had passed.

3. Pat S.

May 5th, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Bob was a good friend of mine too, particularly when I used to live in New York, and you nailed it in describing his personality. I can’t believe this happened. Do you know what caused it?

4. Rich Mc

May 6th, 2014 at 1:20 am

I was also a long-time follower of Rob’s blog and we occasionally corresponded. He was smart, funny and a fine writer. I am shocked at his sudden passing. He will be missed.

5. Kindall

May 6th, 2014 at 10:37 am

I had to laugh at this, mostly because if nothing else, Bob was 100% true to himself. He didn’t change who he was one iota to fit within the confines of any situation. I told a mutual friend yesterday that if Bob had seen me crying when I found out he’d passed away, he would have said, “Stop being such a pussy and have a drink.” That was him in a nutshell. He was an awesome friend, an amazing guy and I’m going to miss him so very much.

6. Anon

May 9th, 2014 at 9:11 am

RIP Rob.

7. Pete

May 13th, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I, too, read his blog almost from its inception. I never met him, but I was shocked and saddened when I read the news on his blog. I wrote to him on several occasions and each time he was kind enough to write back. Your tribute serves him well–thank you.

8. D

May 13th, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I was also a longtime reader of his blog, and I was really quite shocked to hear of his passing. I met him once, years ago, at his book signing at B&N Chelsea. He came across as a funny, self-deprecating, patient kind of guy who seemed to genuinely appreciate his fans. He will be missed by so many of us! Thank you for sharing this tribute.

9. fixer65

May 21st, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Well said. I just visited Clublife and learned the news. Very sad, indeed.

Email KCBB