A tribute to the Angry Coach, one of the last of a dying breed of men.

1. Alex Pimentel says:

RIP BOB! Great man!

2. Mary says:

I was a long time reader of Rob’s blog and was very saddened to hear this morning that he had passed.

3. Pat S. says:

Bob was a good friend of mine too, particularly when I used to live in New York, and you nailed it in describing his personality. I can’t believe this happened. Do you know what caused it?

4. Rich Mc says:

I was also a long-time follower of Rob’s blog and we occasionally corresponded. He was smart, funny and a fine writer. I am shocked at his sudden passing. He will be missed.

5. Kindall says:

I had to laugh at this, mostly because if nothing else, Bob was 100% true to himself. He didn’t change who he was one iota to fit within the confines of any situation. I told a mutual friend yesterday that if Bob had seen me crying when I found out he’d passed away, he would have said, “Stop being such a pussy and have a drink.” That was him in a nutshell. He was an awesome friend, an amazing guy and I’m going to miss him so very much.

6. Anon says:

RIP Rob.

7. Pete says:

I, too, read his blog almost from its inception. I never met him, but I was shocked and saddened when I read the news on his blog. I wrote to him on several occasions and each time he was kind enough to write back. Your tribute serves him well–thank you.

8. D says:

I was also a longtime reader of his blog, and I was really quite shocked to hear of his passing. I met him once, years ago, at his book signing at B&N Chelsea. He came across as a funny, self-deprecating, patient kind of guy who seemed to genuinely appreciate his fans. He will be missed by so many of us! Thank you for sharing this tribute.

9. fixer65 says:

Well said. I just visited Clublife and learned the news. Very sad, indeed.

Email KCBB